No Evidence of Chemical Attack in Douma – Russian Military; Appears to Be Poorly Staged False-Flag by White Helmets (VIDEO)

The Russian Foreign Ministry has denounced the latest unverified media reports {which cited only militant sources) rushing to blame the Syrian government of President Bashar al-Assad for an alleged chemical attack on Saturday, April 7th, that supposedly killed dozens of civilians in the militant-controlled town of Douma, located in the Eastern Ghouta suburb partially encircling the Syrian capital, Damascus.

Douma was one of the earliest hubs of the anti-government uprising in 2011; now in 2018, it happened to be the last opposition stronghold in Eastern Ghouta to evacuate its remaining Islamist militants and their families onto buses leaving Douma through Al-Wafideen Camp Corridor, to be relocated to Jarabulus City, a northern Syrian town in the Aleppo Countryside controlled by Turkish troops and allied Syrian forces.

Their departure is part of an amnesty deal negotiated with the Syrian government and the Russian Center For Reconciliation of Opposing Sides in Syria to release all prisoners in exchange for providing a safe exit for militants and their families to Jarabulus, Syrian state media reported. An ultimatum had been issued to the Saudi-backed Wahhabi fighters to vacate the town and hand over control to Damascus, according to the Fars News Agency, and on Monday the first Jaish al-Islam (Army of Islam) militants started packing into buses heading out of Douma and into Jarabulus.

The Russian military announced Tuesday that 1,100 Syrian rebels and their family members were transported out of Douma in two dozen buses in the past 24 hours. They expected to transport a total of up to 8,000 fighters and about 40,000 of their relatives out of Douma. According to Alexander Yakovenko, the Russian ambassador to the UK, 37,297 militants have vacated Douma since the end of February, and 195 hostages have been freed as a result of Russia’s negotiations with Jaish al-Islam.

The deal struck between the militants and the Russian ministry marked the end of a weeks-long strategic campaign by the Syrian government to consolidate its control of the suburbs.

The Russian Center for Reconciliation of Opposing Sides in Syria earlier said that a number of Western countries were trying to hinder this operation via allegations of chemical weapons use by Syrian government forces.

On April 9, the Russian Defense Ministry’s Center for Syrian Reconciliation, accompanied by medics and experts in radiological, chemical and biological warfare, visited the Eastern Ghouta city of Douma, in order to inspect the site of the alleged chemical attack. However, they were unable to find any evidence that a chemical attack had even occurred at all.

They interviewed doctors and medical staff at the only operational hospital in Douma, who told them that they had not admitted any patients with symptoms of chemical poisoning, and the center did not come across any patients that had suffered a chemical attack at the hospital. Neither did the Syrian Red Crescent Society. The center also reported that no traces of chemical agents were found in the area where the alleged attack had taken place, adding that videos spread by the “White Helmets” were “fake,” aimed at derailing the Syrian ceasefire and delaying the evacuation of militants from the area.

Speaking with EuroNews, Russia’s ambassador to the European Union (EU), Vladimir Chizov, stated:

Russian military specialists have visited this region, walked on those streets, entered those houses, talked to local doctors and visited the only functioning hospital in Douma, including its basement where reportedly the mountains of corpses pile up. There was not a single corpse and even not a single person who came in for treatment after the attack.

EuroNews host Andrei Beketov interjected, “But we’ve seen them on the video!”

There was no chemical attack in Douma, pure and simple,” Chizov reaffirmed. “We’ve seen another staged event. There are personnel, specifically trained – and you can guess by whom – amongst the so-called White Helmets, who were already caught in the act with staged videos.”

Russia’s Defense Ministry said in a statement that the experts “found no traces of the use of chemical agents,” following a search of the sites, adding, “All these facts show… that no chemical weapons were used in the town of Douma.”

The ministry pointed out that the sources cited by the unverified reports alleging a chemical strike had been carried out by government forces were the social media posts of the “White Helmets,” the notorious U.S.– and NATO-funded phony “civil defense” group (not to be confused with the legitimate Syrian Civil Defense, Syria’s real ICDO-certified civil fire and rescue organization established in 1953 with an actual 24-hour emergency call number: ‘113’ inside Syria, who quietly rescue real civilians in need of aid every day without any cameras, fanfare, fame, or lavish foreign funding), who claim to be an impartial, volunteer non-governmental organization of “first responders” courageously rescuing civilians trapped under the rubble without discrimination always followed by a professional film crew that artfully captures their dramatic rescues of telegenic young children while emphasizing a heavy-handed narrative aggressively promoting regime change and military intervention to Western audiences in particular. But in actuality, the group was founded in 2013 in Turkey, not Syria, by an ex-British military intelligence officer and mercenary, James Le Mesurier, and functions as the media propaganda arm of Al Qaeda, Al Nusra FrontFree Syrian Army (FSA), and other radical Islamist terrorist groups, only operating in rebel-held territories, and its members having numerous ties to murderous Salafi/jihadi extremists.

According to residents of Aleppo, the self-proclaimed rescuers “leave people under rubble” “when [the] camera is gone”, and the group was working closely with the militants and operating under their protection, saving only “their own” despite promoting themselves as “impartial” humanitarian workers who rescue all civilians. White Helmets members were also described as “camera posers, thieves, and raiders” by the victims they are supposed to help, often removing jewelry and ransacking their pockets to swipe the items for themselves, and looting the very little food and medical aid meant for civilians coming into the city then using the stolen provisions to coerce starving locals to act like victims on camera for their  propaganda videos smearing Assad and the Syrian troops as brutal, murderous thugs in exchange for a mere loaf of bread. Despite the many instances the group has been unmistakably caught having staged their dramatic rescues and the glaring inconsistencies in their narratives, Western media outlets continue to blindly and relentlessly push their obvious warmongering propaganda upon an uncritical, clueless public.

“The goal of this… baseless speculation is to shield the terrorists and… the radical opposition that refuse to engage in a political settlement [process], as well as to justify potential military strikes from the outside,” the Russian ministry explained in a public statement. It then warned that any military interference in Syria conducted under “far-fetched or fabricated pretexts” would be “absolutely unacceptable” and could lead to “dire consequences.”

In the video to the right, with the FSA flag in the background, a bunch of kids are sprawled around on the floor in the middle of what looks like schoolroom, in front of a seated audience around the edges. The show commences with the blare of a siren suddenly animating the kids to action, who all simultaneously begin to cry, moan, gag, and convulse on cue, with fake foam forming around the mouth, acting as if suffering from a chemical attack, while some adults dressed up as doctors pretend to frantically treat the young “victims” with emergency medical attention.

The scene bears an uncanny resemblance to a White Helmets “rescue” of supposed chemical attack victims, minus the water hoses. Just like in the video footage of the alleged chemical attacks from both last year and most recently, the poison gas strangely seems to only attack young children, while the unaffected adults react to what is depicted as the brutal extermination of innocent youth by the evil dictator Assad (who literally has nothing to gain from such a counterproductive action). Also just like in previous White Helmets chemical attack video productions, rescuers neglect to put on the necessary gas masks and full-body protective gear in order to safely enter contaminated zones, often handling supposed victims with their bare hands while freely breathing in the poisoned air miraculously without exhibiting any of the expected negative physical effects from such acute, prolonged exposure to the alleged sarin or chlorine gas, which can be absorbed through the skin but is most effective when inhaled.

The Russian ministry’s assertions that the chemical attack had been faked are bolstered by the Syrian Arab Army’s recent discovery of a site used by the White Helmets to produce its deliberately staged videos while conducting their mop-up operations in Eastern Ghouta, according to Fars News Agency.

The news outlet reported Tuesday that the army discovered a location in the small town of Saqba in Eastern Ghouta that was used by the White Helmets to shoot and produce videos aggressively depicting the Syrian army as a savage force that brutally slaughters civilians without mercy. Additionally, the army troops found a series of cameras and film-production equipment at the site.

Back on March 2, Fars News Agency published a report revealing that terrorists received a final approval from their foreign backers to carry out a false-flag chemical attack in Eastern Ghouta to later accuse the Syrian Army of using poisonous materials against militant-held areas, according to a military source.

The source said that the terrorist groups, including Ahrar al-Sham, Faylaq al-Rahman, and Al-Nusra Front (Tahrir al-Sham Hay’at or the Levant Liberation Board) were preparing to stage a chemical attack on militant-held regions in Eastern Ghouta then later blame on President Assad and the Syrian armed forces.

The source further detailed that the terrorists were ordered to use poisonous materials close to the contact line with the Syrian soldiers to pave the ground for the US, the UK and other Western states to accuse the Syrian army of a chemical attack on innocent civilians.

The Russian Reconciliation Center issued a warning over a month ago that militants in Eastern Ghouta  — who at the time were continuing to hold civilians hostage while in breach of a humanitarian ceasefire with their constant shelling of Damascus — may be “preparing a provocation that will involve the use of chemical weapons,” Maj. Gen. Yuri Yevtushenko, commander of the Russian Reconciliation Center, said in a briefing Sunday, citing intelligence obtained by the center.

Just hours after the warning, reports emerged that several people in East Ghouta suffered  symptoms consistent with exposure to chlorine gas, conveniently supported by images from the White Helmets, notorious for their unique and uncanny ability to reliably appear at the right place just in time to film civilians and young children suffering, which is always later pinned on Syrian government forces.

The Syrian government has repeatedly denied allegations of having used chemical weapons in Eastern Ghouta, pointing out that they don’t need to resort to such measures to deter the terrorists, who were already in the process of evacuating the town. According to a press statement issued by the Syrian authorities on the state-run SANA news agency, such baseless claims have been made disingenuously by terrorists in an attempt to hinder Syrian forces, which have made a “swift and determined advance” in the region, and to demonize President Assad in the media in order to manipulate the public into supporting Western military intervention.

“The chemical fabrications, which did not serve the terrorists and their sponsors in Aleppo and Eastern Ghouta, will not serve them today either, as the Syrian state is determined to end terrorism in every square inch of Syrian territory,” the statement read. Douma was declared to be free of terrorists and safely back under government control shortly thereafter, and civilians have already started returning to their homes to resume their normal lives.

The Syrian government has consistently denied all claims of chemical weapons use, arguing that the country’s stockpiles had been destroyed back in 2013, which has been confirmed by the Organization for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons (OPCW).

Russia and Syria have invited experts from the OPCW to visit Douma as soon as possible in order to investigate and determined what happened there. The OPCW has confirmed that a special mission will be dispatched to Syria and requested Damascus to make necessary preparations.

The videos produced by the White Helmets were published after several media outlets reported, citing militant sources, that the Syrian government forces had launched a chemical attack on Douma, while Jaish al-Islam claimed that the army had dropped a chemical bomb on the city.

Both Syria and Russia have repeatedly warned about forthcoming fabricated chemical attacks weeks prior to the alleged incident in Douma, saying that such disinformation campaigns are aimed at covering up terrorists and justifying military intervention. Responding to the false claims, the Syrian government argued that such allegations were being made by terrorists to halt Syrian forces’ advances and insisted that Damascus did not need such measures to fight militants, as Syrian and Russian forces had surrounded Douma and were already on the verge of victory; less than a week later, hostilities had ceased completely and the Russian Defense Ministry announced that Douma, and now all of Eastern Ghouta, is completely liberated of militant extremists and back under government control.

Last month, PressTV reported a high-ranking Russian military commander warned that the United States was training foreign-sponsored Takfiri terrorists to launch false flag chemical attacks in southern Syria in order to provide a pretext for Washington to carry out airstrikes on Syrian government troops and infrastructure. At a news briefing held in Moscow on Saturday, Russian General Staff spokesman General Sergey Rudskoy revealed:

“We have reliable information at our disposal that US instructors have trained a number of militant groups in the vicinity of the town of At-Tanf to stage provocations involving chemical warfare agents in southern Syria.”

He added, “Early in March, the saboteur groups were deployed to the southern de-escalation zone to the city of Dara’a, where the units of the so-called Free Syrian Army are stationed.”

By now, the pattern of these alleged chemical weapons attacks is well-established. They always occur at seminal junctures in the conflict, when Syrian government forces are on the verge of a significant strategic victory or advance against the multitude of foreign-backed Salafi-jihadist militant groups that are operating in the country — who have forced millions to flee their homes  and have been brutalizing, terrorizing, and subjugating the remaining Syrian civilians left behind.

The Ghouta attack in 2013 that was wrongly blamed on Assad, subsequently revealed by Pulitzer Prize-winning investigative reporter Seymour Hersh to have used chemical weapons supplied by Turkey smuggled across the border from Libya — which was confirmed by Turkish MP’s in 2015 — occurred just as UN inspectors arrived in Damascus to investigate claims that Al Nusra Front were using chemical weapons, and at a point when the Syrian Arab Army and Hezbollah were winning key battles — al-Qusayr, Aleppo, Ghouta — with the momentum on the ground shifting in favor of Damascus.

The alleged chemical attack at Khan Sheikhoun almost exactly one year ago, also reported by the White Helmets using their predictable formula of high quality video production, emotionally manipulative images of young children suffering (yet somehow adults hardly ever seem to be among the victims of these supposed chemical attacks), blaming it on Assad, and heavy-handed pressure on the West to swiftly intervene (to destroy evidence and derail international fact-finding inspections) and to “not let Assad get away with atrocities”, which led to Trump’s decision to illegally launch 59 Tomahawk cruise missiles (made by Raytheon costing US taxpayers about $1 million apiece) at the Syrian government’s Shayrat Airbase in Homs, came just after then-Secretary of State Rex Tillerson had announced that regime change in Damascus was no longer a US strategic objective.

The Douma attack, likewise, has come at a critical juncture, just as the military operation to liberate the entire district of Eastern Ghouta from opposition militant groups, dominated by Jaish al-Islam, was approaching completion, with the evacuation of rebel fighters already underway, and President Donald Trump recently announcing he would soon be pulling all 2,000 US troops out of Syria.

Yet again, as with previous attacks, the evidence and information surrounding the Douma attack has solely been provided by foreign-backed opposition and pro-opposition groups, such as the White Helmets and the Coventry, UK-based two-man operation the “Syrian Observatory for Human Rights.”

Meanwhile, the reports by various rebel-linked “activists” about the alleged chemical incident in Douma seem to have provoked yet another wave of hysteria in the West, who hypocritically cannot be bothered to whip themselves into a frenzy over other recent Middle Eastern atrocities, as Israeli forces continue brutalizing unarmed, peaceful demonstrators using live ammunition in Gaza with total impunity, and the Saudis continue their genocide of Yemeni civilians with aerial support, bombs, and fighter jets provided by the US.

President Trump rushed to denounce the unconfirmed attack as a “mindless” atrocity and a “humanitarian disaster for no reason whatsoever,” calling Assad an “animal.” He also warned that those behind the alleged attack ‘will pay a big price.’

Damascus announced on March 31 that nearly all militant-held settlements in Ghouta were liberated, and a major Syrian highway had been cleared after a seven-year militant blockade. The area had been under militant control since 2012, and Russia brokered the creation of humanitarian corridors to allow locals to escape the siege. A total of 153,240 people have left the area through humanitarian corridors since the start of the operation, according to the Russian Defense Ministry’s Center for Syrian Reconciliation.